Research and Projects
The Australian Camps Association (ACA) collaborates on projects which either explore and establish the benefits of outdoor adventure activities or enable us to implement better risk management frameworks.
The ACA and its members are convinced that there are many benefits that come from involvement in outdoor adventure activities. We are also serious about managing risks involved in participating in these activities to ensure that participants get the maximum benefit from their experience.
Below are some of the projects that we are, or have been involved in, as well as some overseas projects that we are aware of.
If you are have some relevant research or are interested in collaborating on projects with us please get in touch.
- UPLOADS Project: Annual Report June 2015 to May 2016
- National Soft Skills Training: Investigating Soft Skill Training in the Outdoor Recreation Sector – Mandi Baker, Phd.
- Murdoch Childrens Research Institute – Outdoor Youth Programs Research
- Australian Outdoor Adventure Activity Benefits Catalogue
- Myopia Slowed By Outdoors
- Journey to Strength- A Practical Guide Describing the Theory, Practice and Research Behind Developing a Residential Based Outdoor Recreation Program for People Living With Mental Illness
- A World Without Play
- Children In The Outdoors
- High Quality Outdoor Education.
- Top 4 High Impact Team And Leadership Development Activities.