People Outdoors is a community based non-profit organisation established by the Australian Camps Association in 1989.
People Outdoors strives to provide recreation activities to all people with disabilities.
This includes various types of programs to enable children, teenagers and adults with disabilities to participate in outdoor adventure programs and weekend camping experiences.
People Outdoors works with individuals who have a physical or intellectual disability or an acquired brain injury.
Programs may be restricted to individuals or groups from a certain area, however, we can work in all areas if appropriate funding can be sourced.
Please see our programs page for more details.
People Outdoors strives to provide the highest level of service, safety and enjoyment on all of our programs.
“Adventure for All”
People Outdoors provides "Adventure for All" - experiences for people of every ability level.
People Outdoors is committed to the training, nurturing and development of our volunteers, who are dedicated to providing "Adventure for All".
- Achieving "Adventure for All" through recreation programs designed to promote cooperation, leadership and self-esteem.
- Where all participants are nurtured, encouraged and challenged to be independent.
- People Outdoors will tailor its services and programs to each individual’s needs and goals.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to reach goals and enjoy lifestyles appropriate to their age.
- Increase the opportunities for all ages to be involved with camping and outdoor recreation activities.
- All participants will be treated with dignity and respect and have a right to privacy.
- Provide respite alternatives for families, whilst offering fun for the individual participating.
- Assist families to link into other community activities and networks.
- Provide a high level of dedication and commitment to all volunteers and participants.
- Provide a high level of support and training opportunities to all volunteers.