This report has been produced by Service Skills Australia with the assistance of funding provided by the Australian Government through the Department of Education and Training.
Service Skills Australia would like to acknowledge the significant contribution of industry stakeholders in the preparation of this document.
Service Skills Australia commenced the review of the Outdoor Recreation qualifications, skill sets and units of competency in the SIS10 Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package in June 2014.
The ultimate objectives of this review were to:
- identify current industry needs
- review and update content to reflect current industry needs and standards
- streamline and remove duplicated content
- ensure compliance with the Standards for Training Packages.
By April 2015, review activities had included:
- an initial desktop analysis of the outdoor recreation components
- consultation with the Outdoor Recreation Sector Reference Group on industry needs
- an industry survey
- industry consultation via a discussion paper1 outlining a proposed direction…”