Find a Camp Today!



It’s important you find an insurance broker who is familiar with the outdoor field. Even then you may need to educate them about your activities, your customer group, your training and staffing. The more they know about you, the more they can tailor the various types of insurance to suit your business.

Types of liability insurance you need to consider:

Public Liability – protects you against the financial risk of being found liable for death, injury or loss from your negligence.

Professional Indemnity – protects you from legal action taken for losses incurred as a result of your advice.

Product Liability – if you sell, supply or deliver goods, even in the form of repair or service, you may need cover against claims of goods causing injury or damage.

Workers Compensation – you must provide accident and sickness insurance for your employees – workers compensation – through an approved insurer.

Personal accident and illness – If you are self employed you won’t be covered by workers compensation, so you may need to cover yourself for accident and sickness insurance through a private insurer. Income protection or disability insurance – covers part of your normal income if you are prevented from working through sickness or accident.

Building and contents – covers the building, contents and stock of your business against fire and other perils such as earthquake, lightning, storms, impact, malicious damage and explosion.

Burglary – insures your business assets against burglary, and is most important for retailers or a business which maintains an unattended premises.

Business interruption or loss of profits – covers you if your business is interrupted through damage to property by fire or other insured perils.

Fidelity guarantee – covers losses resulting from misappropriation by employees who embezzle or steal.

Machinery breakdown – protects your business when mechanical and electrical plant and machinery at the work site break down.

Motor vehicle – it is compulsory to insure all company or business vehicles for third party injury liability.

If you are after further information on insurance the Australian Camps Association recommends that you contact our Insurance Partner, AB Phillips.ABPhillips-logo-lo-res-rgb-rgb

Contact: Joel Treadwell
p: 03 8586 9333