International Camp Directors Course ‘ICDC’
The International Camp Directors Course (ICDC) has been developed as a professional development course for camp managers, directors and operators and other experienced outdoor professionals. The curriculum in Australia has been adapted to align with the local industry.
**International participants are welcome however, the course will be conducted in English and will not be interpreted.**
Feedback from 2017 Course Participants
“The ICDC offers a fantastic insight into the complex structures and systems of management that all camp staff should have an understanding of”.
“The ICDC was a fantastic personal development experience – the course presented an amazing opportunity to network and to learn through other industry professional’s knowledge and experiences”.
“If you’re looking to get into camp management or simply want to grow your skills in a like-minded network, the ICDC camp is a must do!”
Fees (inc. GST):
ACA Member – $T.B.C
*Affiliate – $T.B.C
NON-Member – $T.B.C
*Affiliate includes members of Outdoors NSW, Queensland Outdoor Recreation Federation (QORF), Rec SA, Christian Venues Association (CVA), Outdoors WA, Outdoors SA, Outdoors VIC.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the booking form.
- Goal One – To present the basics of camp management in 17 core areas of the organised body of knowledge and adapt it to various cultures and situations
- Goal Two – To expand a participant’s network of peers and to develop a community of professionals in a “camp-like” atmosphere
- Goal Three – To provide an introduction to self-directed learning and the participant’s role in their own professional development process.
Course contents- (subject to change without notice):
- Vision and camp business sustainability
- Accommodation – fire systems and essential services
- Grounds management- arborists and grounds risk assessments
- Catering commercial kitchens standards – food handling and kitchen regulations
- Activities – Activity Standards (aquatic, ropes, cycle, ratios, qualifications, equipment, logging, reporting, checking, maintaining, briefing, debriefing, risk assessments, etc.)
- Work place agreements and HR requirements
- Buildings and asset standards
- Manage the ins and outs
- Look after the client
- Participant outcomes
- Plus more