Location46 Canterbury Jetty Road, Blairgowrie VIC 3942. Sorrento 5 km, Melbourne 100 km. Melway 167 H3.
EnvironmentBushland close to the beach and national parks.
AccommodationBayplay Lodge is the ideal group accommodation, nestled amidst the tea trees in a peaceful setting just 500m from the beach. Perfect for school camps! Close to Mornington attractions with long sandy beaches, golf courses & the Peninsula Hot Springs.
Minimum Group SizeWe don't have a minimum number required, we do have other accommodation available for smaller groups.
CateringA fully self contained kitchen is available for self catering and full catering is available on request.
Indoor Facilities- 10 bedrooms (1 Queen bed, 8 double bunks, 9 single bunks, 1 single bed)
- Self-contained, open plan kitchen & dining room (seats 30)
- TV/Meeting Room
- Open plan dining room & lounge
- No ensuited rooms
- TV, DVD and small stereo/radio
- Bedrooms/bathrooms under the one roof
- Laundry facilities
Outdoor Facilities- Parking on site for up to 8 vehicles
- BBQ area
- Large enclosed garden
- Onsite fenced and covered swimming pool
AttractionsThere's plenty to see and do on the Mornington Peninsula, such as:
- Peninsula Hot Springs: Visit the refreshing, natural Peninsula Hot Springs in Rye - the perfect way to blast away the chill of winter.
- Markets: Art, craft & produce markets are the best way to engage & indulge in the local culture of the Mornington Peninsula. With over 19 different markets per month the Mornington Peninsula it is the perfect destination for retail therapy!
- Bay Beaches: Go for a stroll along a 30 km long stretch of beach on Port Phillip Bay, only 500 metres from the Lodge. With calm, clean and inviting waters it's a family friendly, popular destination for many guests. You can sunbathe, swim in the bay, go snorkeling around the piers or take a leisurely walk.
- Ocean Back Beaches: The Mornington Peninsula’s Back Beaches offer some of the most visually striking cliff-sides, rock platforms and exhilarating waves in Victoria. With over 16 patrolled beaches, each one offers a unique slice of the ocean's beauty and grace.
- Mornington Peninsula National Park and Point Nepean National Park: Visit Bushranger's Bay, the Blowhole, Cape Schank, London Bridge - with over 40 lookout points capturing the unforgettable and picturesque scenery of the Mornington Peninsula.
- Historic Sorrento: Sorrento boasts Victoria's oldest and most revered historic settlements to visit. From the State's first colonial towns to the batteries where Australia's first shots of World War I and II were fired from, you can visit these preserved monuments that helped shape our Australia today. The Sorrento Museum is worth a visit, located in a beautifully maintained limestone building dating back to the 1860’s it is the ideal family friendly Peninsula destination.
Further InformationBayplay also offer a range of things to do during your holiday on the Mornington Peninsula.
Bayplay activity options include:
- Sea kayak the Dolphin Sanctuary along the Pt Nepean National Park
- Bike Riding Tours to Pt Nepean National Park
- Learn to Surf
- Hire a kayak, bike or stand up paddle board
- Learn to scuba dive - PADI
- Dolphin Sightseeing and Swimming
- Horse Riding
Bayplay can tailor any program to suit your needs and objectives, our aim is to focus on educating students on the bay, the marine life and the history of the area using reference material, maps and instructor/guide knowledge.
For more information on the Bayplay School Camps, please visit our School Camp Website: www.bayplayschoolcamp.com.au
Winner of the 2005, 2006 and 2007 Victoria Tourism Awards (Adventure Tours). Hall of Fame 2007. Winner 2005 Environmentally Sustainable Business.
Bookings/InformationCONTACT: Bookings Manager
ADDRESS: 3755 Point Nepean Road, Portsea, Victoria, 3944
PH: 03 5984 0888
FAX: 03 5984 0111